Wedding anniversaries offer perfect opportunity to celebrate the time you and your partner have spent together and enjoy your love. Traditionally, there are gemstones appropriate for each anniversary, and if you are looking for a gift for your second anniversary, Garnet jewelry could be the perfect choice.
You don’t have to be the type of person that collects different types of jewelry because you find them fashionable and attractive. Even if you are not that fond of gemstones, you will find garnet an amazing stone. It is one of the most popular and most versatile jewelry gemstones of all time and a perfect gift for the fairer sex.
What is great about this gem is that it doesn’t just bring out the best in a woman — it also complements all skin tones as well.
But before we take a look at the reason behind this, it is important to learn a little bit about Garnet first. The word garnet is derived from the Latin word “granum” which means grain. This pertains to the usual round shape of garnet that also resembles the pomegranate seeds. The hardness of 7-7.5 on the Moh’s scale means that this gemstone is very sturdy and resistant so, you can wear them everyday without too much difficulty. This precious gem is known for its useful metaphysical properties for over a thousand years. In fact, it has been reported that the famous Bible character Noah used it in making a garnet to steer the Ark through the night’s darkness. In addition, Garnet is the most important traditional January birthstone.
Typically, Garnet is a semi-precious or precious brown stone. But it also comes in different shades, hues, and colors. For example, fine earth, umbra-shades, blue-green, fiery orange, blue, pale and bright yellow, and green, to name some of the most attractive. But the most prominent of them all is the red garnet. The color changing garnets are mostly spessartite and pyrope in composition. The following are some of the colorful members in the garnet family:
- Topazolite— this garnet comes with a yellow to lemon yellow color.
- Uvarovite— this is an emerald green type of garnet that strangely occurs in the gemstone quality.
- Melanite— this garnet is an opaque black variation of andradite.
- Demantoid— this is considered the garnet that comes with the highest value due to its green to emerald green color.
- Andradite— this garnet comes with the colors yellow-brown, brown and black.
- Tsavorite— the color of this garnet is green to emerald green.
- Leuco— this garnet is a colorless variation of grossularite.
- Hessonite— this garnet is brownish-reddish.
- Hydrogrossular—this is an opaque greenish variety of grossularite.
- Grossularite—this garnet is brown, yellow, green or colorless.
- Spessartite—this is an orange to red-brown garnet.
- Almandite—this is a red garnet which comes with a violet tint.
- Rhodolite—this garnet is purplish red or rose-color.
- Pyrope—this garnet is brown in color with a brown tint.
From the above list, it is not so difficult to see that this is the perfect gemstones for all types of skin tones. There is a great variety of colors to choose from. So, whether you are black, white or yellow-skinned, you will never have problems wearing this kind of precious stone. The garnet is undoubtedly one of the best precious stones in the world because it has the capability to adapt to different skin tones.